Dude with a pistol

RicRat2009

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's one thing for certain, besides death and taxes.
4FE3A310-5560-45F8-B0E0-43573E91FE8A-48936-0000385EF39041AD.jpeg

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am sorry if people feel personally attacked or if they feel they have to defend their country because of things I write/wrote. Actually, in the country where I've been born (the Netherlands) as well as the country where I momentarily live (Germany), we do have freedom of speech. I respect people's opinion also when they differ from mine @fenderman
@Al*_* - I for one, appreciate your willingness to discuss these issues in a calm way without attacking individuals. While I wholeheartedly disagree with the more guns = more crime position, I welcome the opportunity to civilly discuss the LOGICAL (i.e. non-emotional) positions of either side.

That said, I have to also agree that you DO NOT have freedom of speech as we do here. As someone who is 50% German (mother's side is from Lörrach), I am quite aware of the implications of exercising speed in Germany. For example. Try wearing a Swastika on your arm, or shooting a police officer the finger (or another driver will in view of the police). While none of these are thing I would (want to) do, I would fight for my enemy to have the right to do so.

Speech is easy to protect, and quite free, when it's non-offensive, or non-critical. It is precisely when it offends the most, that it must most-vehemently be defended.

While I'm not familiar with the laws in the Netherlands, I would think that taking a very public anti-immigrant position, or one that is overtly anti-government, would probably result in some government sanctions, no?

In any case, here's a neat video from a guy who sets up a stand in a very liberal TEXAS university with a sign that read "I'm pro-gun, help me change my mind"... The ensuing video is respectful, and insightful. It shows very profoundly how the latest generation of students have been effectively programmed along the same lines of logic that you have used above.