Dusty 7608NI-E2 firmware update

Reaction score
Hello,

Haven't updated my firmware in some time on my Hikky 7608NI-E2, currently running V3.4.62, build 160602. Can anyone recommend a good path for me to start updating, or do I really need to?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if it's working, why bother? unless you know of new features or bug fixes you must have...

Gervoyev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the same model: DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A. I updated today to the most recent firmware that found on the hikvision.ru portal: NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.106_191009.zip (for EU product, maybe useful to the original request ,It is more recent
than those at hikvisioneurope.com)

I had to update because firefox and chrome are not supported in the old firmware. But it is still not working also with newer firmware. I think that version 4 firmware is needed, am I right?
Is there a way to install a version 4 firmware eg by repackaging the firmware of similar models like most recent DS-7608NI-K2/DS-7608NI-I2 running K51? I tried installing using the configuration webpage but they will not be accepted.

Thank you in advance,
Gregor

Gervoyev

n3wb
Reaction score
Not available for that EOL E-series NVR, unfortunately.
Thank you for fast answer. Discontinuation notice is December 2018, but latest firmware is from October 2019, strange they didn't upgrade to version 4; maybe requires more effort than small security/bug updates.
So i'm stuck with either Internet Explorer or the Windows app IVMS (very resource hungry). No way to hack around to adapt the firmware from another model I guess? I see many modding tools in the forums
but don't know if this is some of their use case and unsure about amount of effort (I know my way around this kind of stuff but not the specifics of this firmware). Any pointers?