DVR Hard Drive not initialized on Windows

dabigben

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello !

I come to you because I would like to export footage from a DAHUA DVR by connecting the HD into my Windows computer on SATA interface. The HD works well and I'm able to watch everything directly from the DVR. But the thing is when I plug it on Windows, the Windows Disk Manager sees it as "not initialized", and so Dahua Disk Manager software can't find it. I Don't want to overwrite anything on the HD by initializing it, so what should I do please ?

Many thanks !

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello !

I come to you because I would like to export footage from a DAHUA DVR by connecting the HD into my Windows computer on SATA interface. The HD works well and I'm able to watch everything directly from the DVR. But the thing is when I plug it on Windows, the Windows Disk Manager sees it as "not initialized", and so Dahua Disk Manager software can't find it. I Don't want to overwrite anything on the HD by initializing it, so what should I do please ?

Many thanks !
The DVR is a different format than Windows so Windows won't find the contents of the drive. Why aren't you exporting it from the DVR itself?

dabigben

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply !
Dahua says that their Disk Manager software can manage HDs this way. And when I export from network (directly plugged crossover RJ45 cable) I get a lot of frame loss. Or, when I use Dahua's RemotePlaybackTool it wont download the timelapse I specify, I'd like to download lik 2 minutes but the software downloads 1 hour anyway, making it very long and I'm in a hurry.

I need to extract many little timelapses and make files with 4 cams and files with each cam. What would be the best way ? I always encounter issues..