DVR reset button

synapse15

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm trying to reset my DVR physically but i didn't find any reset button when i open up DVR cover
DVR is DAHUA Model DHI-HCVR4116HS-S3 Attached photo of mother board
Thanks

Attachments

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know your DVR, I would look to see if there is a J1 or a K1. Both of these would be next to a very small Cap. Most of mine are near a C39 or might be C38, been a while so I don't remember right off but for sure one of them. Next if there is no button as you have stated, THen you will want to find the J1 or K1 and if J1 you will need something to short the 2 pins. This you will want to do without power for 10 seconds and then plug in still with the 2 pins shorted. Hold it for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the Beep. Once it beeps will be Reset and you can remove the Jumper. if K1 or K something it would be a 4 pin and really works just like J1 but will need to find out what is Ground to the board and jump that to the one that has very small track again going to a very small cap C39, Jump hold and provide power keep holding for 10 to 15 seconds until it beeps. Then it will be reset..

If you system has no button and no Jumper area that can be used for reset, Then your device would have to be reset using the Email QR code method, or using the guessing game to see if it will let you do a Pattern if it has one. Once you are locked out remove power and try again.

it might be setup with admin admin, or could be admin and 123456, Would need to see the interface to know what one it would be..

Don't fall for the Remove the Battery on that device with it soldered in you could keep that battery out forever and the system won't reset..