Dynamic Analysis lines and area during playback

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have configured my two DS-2CD2342WD-I identically (have gone through config menus repeatedly - perhaps turning blind?):

Motion Detection: Disabled (but Dynamic Analysis enabled)
Intrusion detection: Enabled (and drawn)
Line crossing: Enabled (and drawn)
Firmware: V5.3.6 build 151105 (both)

NVR is scheduled to VCA, and records just fine with few false alarms, but I only get dynamic analysis (green boxes, lines etc) on one (same) camera during playback.
What could be wrong?

Also, anyone else had problems with VCA email and push notifications? Nothing comes through.
One Windows iVMS-4200 client on the camera network says "email error" when testing, but another (external client) can send test email with same settings. No test option from the NVR's webinterface.
Still no alarms are being pushed (email or push to iOS)

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i am using a single 2cd2342wd-i and i have found in the camera ui not the nvr ui if you select
advanced config > image> capture mode > off
you get reliable emails on line crossing with images attached, if you select either of the other 2 options in capture mode emails simply dont work or you get maybe 1 image sent through

and my email test reports fail although it actually works fine

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
... i have found in the camera ui not the nvr ui if you select
advanced config > image> capture mode > off
you get reliable emails on line crossing...
Thank you. My firmware doesn't seem to have this menu unfortunately.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it should do .. go to image setting in camera UI, on the right where it says ( auto switch ) at the top of the options, change that to ( scheduled switch ), then go to ( video adjustment ) at bottom, drop that set of settings and the bottom option is ( capture mode ) make sure it is set to ( OFF )

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found out that it was an ISP problem, so I had to change the SMTP to my ISP's default, even if I don't have my email address there. Another connection (work) would allow me to use the SMTP of my email provder.
I am gettings emails through from at least one camera now, but not the other (where lines and areas are missing as well).

How does day/night settings affect email notifications?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does day/night settings affect email notifications?
Absolutely no idea but through testing i found OFF was the only way to receive 100% emails from line crossing with 3 images attached to the email, any of the 2 resolution settings either stopped emails completely, emailed me with no image or emailed me with a single image, OFF setting gives me reliable emails... your guess is as good as mine as to why it affects things

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found out that it was an ISP problem, so I had to change the SMTP to my ISP's default,
Funy enough i had to change my camera / NVR DNS server setting to my ISP`s DNS Server setting, some people have had luck with the google DNS Server setting so i use that as primary and secondary is my ISP DNS Server setting

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Funy enough i had to change my camera / NVR DNS server setting to my ISP`s DNS Server setting, some people have had luck with the google DNS Server setting so i use that as primary and secondary is my ISP DNS Server setting
Thank you for your feedback.
Are the DNS settings affecting both email and smartphone push? I currently use 8.8.8.8.
I now get emails from both fixed cameras, but I gave up on getting push notifications in iVMS-4500. Instead I have created a special email address for alarms, and setup a rule on my devices, to popup with sound, when receiving email from that sender. Only difference is that this trigger cannot link me directly to the recording, to see if alarm s true or false, so I could potentially lose valuable time (have had trouble with burglars in our summer house).

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone out there with a suggestion as to why I am only getting VCA grids/lines on 1 of my 2 cameras during recording/playback?
When I log into the camera UI I see the VCA grids on live view on both camera, but the NVR only includes them on 1 camera when recording (VCA schedule).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked the 'Rules' settings in Local Configuration in the web GUI for both the cameras and for the NVR? Either or both will enable this.