E-mail Notifications

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
I set up my cameras to get e-mail notifications and follow the BI tutorial Picture Message from Motion, everything is set up just like the tutorial and I am not getting any messages on my phone.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards.
Chewie

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you setup your Email Server did the Test email work and send you a message? If not, if you are using Gmail server with 2 Step Verification you will need to add Blue Iris to devices and generate a password.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello John
Thanks for your replay, when I tested I did not get a message on my phone, I am not sure how to set up the 2 step Verification, but i will look into it.
Thanks Again.
Regards.
Chewie

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This would only apply if you are using gmail with 2 step verification. If you are not using 2-Step with Gmail then you have something else configured wrong if you are not getting an email when you select the Test on the Email Server. You should see a message similar to this when you Test your Email Server.

upload_2018-9-8_22-11-44.png

If you go to your Google Account and Sign-in & Security page, you can look on the right side to see if you have 2-Step Verification on. If you do, then you will want to

upload_2018-9-8_22-17-39.png

Check to see if you are using 2 step. If you are select App passwords

upload_2018-9-8_22-23-28.png

After selecting App passwords you will see any apps that are using 2-Step. You can see I have added BlueIris and a DriveCamera. To add select Select app and chose Other (Custom Name) Enter a name and then generate a password that you will use for BlueIris Email Server.

upload_2018-9-8_22-26-29.png

Attachments

Last edited:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello John
I generated the password for BI, I am stuck on how to use it, I am attaching these instructions to follow but I can not find what they are asking.
If you know, please let me know.
Regards.

Attachments

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello John
I generated the password for BI, I am stuck on how to use it, I am attaching these instructions to follow but I can not find what they are asking.
If you know, please let me know.
Regards.

Did you create an Email Server? In the Blue Iris Options under Email servers, either Add or Edit your Email Server

upload_2018-9-9_15-29-56.png

Put the password you generated in the password field and Test. You should get an email. This has to be working first.

upload_2018-9-9_15-28-52.png

Once you have the Gmail Email Server working select Configure for the Send an email message for each camera (Under Alerts tab)

upload_2018-9-9_15-36-10.png

Select the Gmail Server from the dropdown and edit fields as shown.
upload_2018-9-9_15-35-24.png

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello John
Every thing is setup just like yours I do not get any errors when I hit the test button, it does send the message to the g-mail, I can go into the e-mail and the messages are there but the e-mail is not forwarding the messages to my phone.
I can get test from this e-mail when they send me codes.
Any ideas?
Let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using Gmail on your phone the email from Blue Iris should be in the same folder as your PC Gmail. Are you trying to forward it to another email account from Gmail?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello John
I have g-mail on my phone but no the same account, I just created the same g-mail as BI in my phone and I can see the test messages coming in to my phone now, well I need to go out there and test the cameras and see If I get the messages.
Thanks John.
Regards.
Chewie

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your welcome Chewie. I hope you get everything sorted out. One thing, you don't need to forward the message in gmail, just put the email address(es) in the Recipient(s) and separate them by a ; like the example below.

upload_2018-9-9_20-26-39.png

If you see Alert Clips in the Clips Panel, then you should be getting messages.
upload_2018-9-9_20-31-39.png