Easiest method to download motion triggered video clips

Adkhik

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered my first Hikvision camera, a DS-2CD2432F-IW. I have been doing a lot of research, but can not conclude what the easiest method is to achieve the setup I would like. I currently use a Logitech Alert solution that will sync all recorded clips from the camera sd card to a local PC through the Alert software loaded on the PC. I then integrate it into my z-wave solution through a script that wil search the clips on the PC and copy out the latest few based on a z-wave trigger event. For archiving purposes these clips get stored into a folder that synchronizes with a cloud file share.

Would anyone have suggestions on the easiest way to automatically sync the clips recorded on the sd card from motion events on the Hikvision to a PC?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked at simply defining a PC 'shared drive' as a storage target for the Hik camera?
It may depend on how much history you want to save before the files get over-written, depending on the number of motion alerts the camera is seeing.

Adkhik

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure the Hikvision camera's can use a Windows share as a target for the videos captured from motion events. Can anyone verify (or provide insights to an easy way to transfer the videos directly from the SD card in the camera?)

Adkhik

n3wb
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson, I see your other post where there is a screen shot of being able to choose an SMB share. I'll need to try it out once I receive the camera. Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A potential problem will be the size of the volume/partition on which the share resides.
As standard, the 5.2.0 camera firmware when connecting to an SBM/CIFS network share has to be smaller than about 200GB before the camera will work correctly with it.

Adkhik

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get the SMB/CIFS network share to work, but ran into another problem with the configuration I am attempting to replicate. The video file that is pushed to the share is aggregated into one large file. I was looking to access individual clips. Would anyone know if there is a way to access the list of stored clips (similar to the list that appears when selecting "Download recordings" on the playback tab) then access an individual clip for download (similar to selecting "download" on the screen that lists the saved recordings).