East Foothills Fire September 1 2019

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This was described by the local media as a brush fire. No structures appeared to have been involved. It looked like a large tree on fire. The fire started just before 8:57 PM. Around the 45 second mark of the video you can see a person with a hose trying to fight the fire. The first fire trucks arrived about a minute later. Video runs at 3x speed.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. What camera was it recorded with?

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks just like a tree fire my son had a while back. A large bird managed to short two power lines and the sparks fell down onto one of his Eucalyptus trees. Those things REALLY burn. :wow: Amazingly, a couple of weeks later that tree looked like nothing every happened.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks just like a tree fire my son had a while back. A large bird managed to short two power lines and the sparks fell down onto one of his Eucalyptus trees. Those things REALLY burn. :wow: Amazingly, a couple of weeks later that tree looked like nothing every happened.
I'm not sure what type of trees they are, but in the video thumbnail you can see several tall thin trees in the bottom right of the frame. This looks like the type of trees that were burning.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Seeing the guy with the water hose reminded me of the garage fire next door. I was at home and someone knocked on my door saying there was a fire next door. He grab their firehose and I grabbed mine and I was pouring water through the eave vent in the garage where the fire seemed to be the worst. Between the two of us we kept the fire from getting totally out of control until the fire department arrived. They had to cut through the garage door in order to get access. There was nobody home at the time.