eBay scam or legit mistake?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm curious what the answer to this is. But probably what @t84a said... lost access to the paypal account but was able to refund through ebay directly.
Here it is, but I'm still not sure what it all really means...

The reason being is that PayPal won't let me access it due to previous debts owed that are not legit with PayPal. I'm in the middle of disputing these charges but in the meantime PayPal has locked access to those funds in that account. So I am using a secondary account. I just failed to update the correct email address in the listing prior to its selling. I hope you can understand my predicament and I appreciate your cooperation

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here it is, but I'm still not sure what it all really means...

The reason being is that PayPal won't let me access it due to previous debts owed that are not legit with PayPal. I'm in the middle of disputing these charges but in the meantime PayPal has locked access to those funds in that account. So I am using a secondary account. I just failed to update the correct email address in the listing prior to its selling. I hope you can understand my predicament and I appreciate your cooperation
He is certainly not the only one that I have heard of recently having issues with Pay Pal.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Paypal does make a habit of locking people's accounts for months at a time in response to disputes. I'd still refrain from doing anything until ebay can weigh in.