ECI-T44F2 Anyone know where to get firmware?

Cartel

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this off amazon.ca and the seller says HIK Canada supports the warranty but I cant find this model anywhere.
I found it on the "heads up" topic but I thought I should create my own thread.
I had trouble logging into it as it would not let firefox access the login screen and said browser unsupported.

Anyone familiar?
It has V5.5.90 build 200109

thanks

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of these cameras firmware is based on Internet Explorer, so try that first. It is a well kept secret that IE is baked into Windows 10. Do not use Edge and tell it not to when it tries to. Actually use Internet Explorer. Simply go to the search bar bottom left and type in Internet Explorer and it will pull up. Nothing to download, it is in Win 10.

Other than that, you really need to ask yourself, why am I updating? If it is just for kicks, then stay with what is working.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought this off amazon.ca and the seller says HIK Canada supports the warranty but I cant find this model anywhere.
I found it on the "heads up" topic but I thought I should create my own thread.
I had trouble logging into it as it would not let firefox access the login screen and said browser unsupported.

Anyone familiar?
It has V5.5.90 build 200109

thanks
Did you manage to log in to this camera with a browser? Reason I ask is that I have found some locally on Kijiji for a good price. I also did some homework and found out they come as part of the value express kits. I don’t have need the NVR as I want to use them with Blue Iris but need to know if you an access the camera via a web page.

Thanks in advance

Richard