Edge Vector ?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just noticed that Gaussian is now deprecated so will need to move over to Edge Vector I assume at some point.

How is it these days? Tried it when it first came out and found that it missed a lot of events. Am planning on giving it a go but can’t right now hence the question.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I recently started trying to use it again. Initially, I was trying to use it with multi-zone crossing and it wasn't very reliable. Only using one zone now and it seems to perform much better for me.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve taken the plunge and changed a few cams in the morning and they seemed to be working OK so have now changed them all to use Edge Vector. So far everything looks to be good.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’ve taken the plunge and changed a few cams in the morning and they seemed to be working OK so have now changed them all to use Edge Vector. So far everything looks to be good.
Sounds good... Are you using only one zone? What settings?

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I’m only using a single zone. Tried multiple zones with crossing but found that a bit unreliable even with Gaussian

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get the same results as both of you: EV works great with a single zone and allows fewer false alerts than the simple algorithm. EV is a bit tricky with multiple zones. In my experience with EV a target must clearly enter zone A and pass through zone B before the sirens go off. If an object is already positioned in zone A and starts moving into/through zone B, you'll get mixed results. Let your FOV guide both zone drawing (size/shape) and algorithm choice.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm really liking what I'm seeing with Edge Vector right now. Only using Zone A and it's doing a pretty good job so far.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it possible to copy the mask of a zone to another? So that I can start doing some experimentation?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible to copy the mask of a zone to another? So that I can start doing some experimentation?
Should be. Copy/paste buttons in the mask drawing window since 5.1.0...but I've spent the last half hour trying to make it work...and nothing is happening. I sent a note to Ken.