Elderly friendly camera

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
If someone is looking for a camera for an elderly family member that isn't tech savvy what would you recommend. Able to access using phone and PC . What is the most simple setup you guys can think of? Nvr with camera seems to be least maintenance and one time set and forget. Nvr connected to tv and use PC to access web interface. Ideas?

user_123

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested some years ago the Milestone NVR (in particular its Android app) and found it quite simple (and it seemed to not need a fast PC). However, in the end I did also choose an NVR due to simplicity. I like the Dahua NVR 4.0 design and the IVS features are working out-of-the-box. It doesn't have that many features, but for me it is ok

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I tested some years ago the Milestone NVR (in particular its Android app) and found it quite simple (and it seemed to not need a fast PC). However, in the end I did also choose an NVR due to simplicity. I like the Dahua NVR 4.0 design and the IVS features are working out-of-the-box. It doesn't have that many features, but for me it is ok
The more I was thinking maybe just a dahua camera with an sd card would be the way to go. They could log into the the cameras web interface on PC and use the gdmss app for phone

user_123

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be even simpler. I just didn't like the gdmss app due to the user interface. Therefore I use the PC for looking at recorded footage and the phone for live view with tinycam.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Amcrest Pro cameras with their cloud service is the most simple Ive found. I suspect Ring and others like it will fall in the same category and explain their popularity

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Amcrest Pro cameras with their cloud service is the most simple Ive found. I suspect Ring and others like it will fall in the same category and explain their popularity
You got a link? No monthly fee would be ideal