Email notification stopping with DS-2CD2632F-IS

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

Each 2,3 days my camera DS-2CD2632F-IS stop sending email notification (For crossing Line detection, etc ...)
I've have then to power for and on to restart the camera and email notifications work again for some days.
Firmware is 5.2.5 for information.

Is there a setting i have to change or is that simply a bug ?

Thanks un advance

ypoosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I also have problems with email notification on my Hikvision camera.

But when I digged a little bit deeper into the subject I discovered that this failure is somehow
related that not images are captured at all.

Maybe you can verify this related behavior also, so can we can increase the pressure on
Hikvision to fix this bug?

Here is the link to my posting in this forum:

Image Capture unreliable Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS Firmware V5.4.1 build 160525

best,

gne

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

When emails not running, Motion detection with recording to my NAS worked correctly.
I dont use a SD Card....
It's juste that the camera dont send any mail and only a reboot will solve the problem...

ypoosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

did you also enable snapshot recording to your NAS?

If not, you may enable it to see whether your problem is also related to non recording snapshots to NAS or
internal SD as in my case.

best,
gne

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, for my NAS i use surveillance Station from Qnap. The NAS can send me emails too with snapshot. But only for Motion detection because Surveillance Station is not able to manage others events like intrusion, crossing like, etc ....from Hikvision cameras.Then i have to manage it directly with the camera ...
And snapshot from Surveillance Station for motion detection is very bad because you cannot see what cause the event.... Surveillance Station is always recording the video channel temporarly. When a detection is done, the file saved is a video with 20 seconds before and 20'after the event. And the snapshot sent is pictures from the 20 seconds before.... Then Nothing ! I've already contact the support and at moment it's like that ....