Email Notification

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need a way to set up email notification. I can't get gmail to work even though I've changed my settings to allow the 3rd party apps to access it.

I know a lot of people don't use this because of false alerts but I work 11x7 and am not permitted cell phone at work nor do we have internet other than email. Email notification is the only way I'll know if something is up when I'm at work.

Is there a free email service that I can use that will permit the email notifications? Hotmail?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Jfire

I used to use gmail but switched to gmx after I couldn't get it to work again.

hth

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fmflex are you able to get snapshots? I get the alerts but no snapshots are included.

Last edited by a moderator:

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JFire

Yeah snapshots working fine for me, I've setup all my cameras the same and I'll get a notification with 3 snapshots. See the attached pic of my config minus the names and email addresses

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JFire

Yeah snapshots working fine for me, I've setup all my cameras the same and I'll get a notification with 3 snapshots. See the attached pic of my config minus the names and email addresses

Only thing I see is you don't have SSL checked. I'll try that. I'm using dahua gear though.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is mine thats working a treat with the line detection. Very few false alarms.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is mine thats working a treat with the line detection. Very few false alarms.

I'm happy with the frequency of alerts it's just not enclosing the snapshots and for the life of me i don't know why. I don't even know,if it's taking a snapshot actually nor do if know how to see if it is.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked if you can see them on your webmail?

Old firmware?
No noting on the Web interface for gmail. I'm going to change the time settings. I don't think it's actualy taking a snapshot

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The hiks don't take pics on the test, you have to activate the line crossing etc.

I presume you have tried this...

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The hiks don't take pics on the test, you have to activate the line crossing etc.

I presume you have tried this...
I'm using dahua I have the motion areas set. I get alerts emailed but no snapshots.
System version 3.201.0000.0R
Build date 11-20-15

10 seconds delay to record is the minimum. Could that be the problem? If there's not 10 seconds of movement to record it won't send the snapshot?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I changed some setting lastnight and the system is deffinately generating snaps, I'm just not getting them in the emails. Is there a certain port I need open?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think so, I never opened any ports specifically.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't configure anything in the gmx web client, I just setup my account and punched in the account details into the Hikvision email fields and away it went.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can only presume it's a firmware issue. But somebody with greater knowledge may be able to help.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only presume it's a firmware issue. But somebody with greater knowledge may be able to help.