Email Notification

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi JFire

Are you having issues getting attachments when setup from your NVR? I should have been more clear myself, I've got them setup individually in each camera as I use Synology Surveillance Station as my CMS but don't use it for email alerts.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe try setting it up in one of the camera configs to see if it'll work from there. Funnily enough when I originally only had 3 cameras setup, I was using Synology Surveillance Station to email alerts for MD and it worked fine for gmail but 18 months later it wasn't working when trying to set it up from the cameras themselves hence the reason I switched to gmx.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe try setting it up in one of the camera configs to see if it'll work from there. Funnily enough when I originally only had 3 cameras setup, I was using Synology Surveillance Station to email alerts for MD and it worked fine for gmail but 18 months later it wasn't working when trying to set it up from the cameras themselves hence the reason I switched to gmx.
I haven't tried going I to the camera itself. Do I have to plug the camera directly into the pc due to the poe router? Or can I access it by its ip address?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're on the same subnet you should just be able to access the camera via the IP.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Definitely try setting up email alerts individually on each camera. I made a step by step walkthrough for Hikvision together with GMX here

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely try setting up email alerts individually on each camera. I made a step by step walkthrough for Hikvision together with GMX here
Thanks acp. I didn't even look at the cameras settings regarding connectivity. I'll deffinately look into it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk