Email Subject Line Customization

richl

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have two BI v5 systems. When receiving a general notification email, such as an error message, camera error, etc., I seem to have no way to tell which of my two systems the email is coming from. Looking at Email Server Settings, I see no way to distinguish between my two systems other than using a completely different email address for both. (Changing the 'from' address also changes the 'to' address of the emails)

What I would expect is a simple text box for subject line customization.

Am I missing something simple?

TIA.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The answer can be found in BI's built-in 'Help' file (the big ? up at the top left).

Go to the list of macros on beginning page 105 that can be placed in the message subject line or message body.

You could use &SERVER to indicate which system is sending the e-mail!

richl

n3wb
Reaction score
The answer can be found in BI's built-in 'Help' file (the big ? up at the top left).

Go to the list of macros on beginning page 105 that can be placed in the message subject line or message body.

You could use &SERVER to indicate which system is sending the e-mail!
TonyR: Thanks for the quick response.

I'm aware of all those variables that can be used in various places like individual alerts, the problem is I can't find the right place to specify the variables for global alerts such as camera network errors, restarts, etc. If I go into 'Settings/Email servers' there is no textbox for a subject line. See attached images.

As robust as Blue Iris is I find it very hard to believe that they didn't provide for this somewhere, so I must still be missing something.

Thanks again.

richl

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR: Thanks for the quick response.

I'm aware of all those variables that can be used in various places like individual alerts, the problem is I can't find the right place to specify the variables for global alerts such as camera network errors, restarts, etc. If I go into 'Settings/Email servers' there is no textbox for a subject line. See attached images.

As robust as Blue Iris is I find it very hard to believe that they didn't provide for this somewhere, so I must still be missing something.

Thanks again.
(
BI-Email.jpg
BI-Email-Server.jpg
Forgot to attach images. Adding them now)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm aware of all those variables that can be used in various places like individual alerts, the problem is I can't find the right place to specify the variables for global alerts such as camera network errors, restarts, etc.
OK, that's not what I got from your OP where you stated "...When receiving a general notification email, such as an error message, camera error, etc., I seem to have no way to tell which of my two systems the email is coming from ."
You're talking about status alerts now, right?

richl

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, that's not what I got from your OP where you stated "...When receiving a general notification email, such as an error message, camera error, etc., I seem to have no way to tell which of my two systems the email is coming from ."
You're talking about status alerts now, right?
Yes - Sorry - That's what I meant by 'general notification email', wrong term, I stand corrected - Thanks.