emailed photo not showing up on text

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
The photos that blue Iris send to my email doesn't show on my iphone? Any ideas?
I have an Iphone 10, and my ISP is boostmobile.
Thanks,
Frank

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your post title says "text", your post above says "email", so I am assuming you've set up Blue Iris to text your iPhone via SMTP (e-mail).

If you're texting the image via e-mail (SMTP), be use to use the correct e-mail address format for Boost Mobile's MMS service (10digitmobilenumber@myboostmobile.com ) and not their SMS service (10digitmobilenumber@sms.myboostmobile.com).

This is because you cannot send/attach an image via SMS (regular text). This is also true of AT&T.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your post title says "text", your post above says "email", so I am assuming you've set up Blue Iris to text your iPhone via SMTP (e-mail).

If you're texting the image via e-mail (SMTP), be use to use the correct e-mail address format for Boost Mobile's MMS service (10digitmobilenumber@myboostmobile.com ) and not their SMS service (10digitmobilenumber@sms.myboostmobile.com).

This is because you cannot send/attach an image via SMS (regular text). This is also true of AT&T.
Thanks Tony. Let me clarify. Blue Iris is set to email me photos. By looking at my sent gmail emails, it looks like gmail sends the photo to my iphone also using "(10digitmobilenumber@myboostmobile.com". I do receive the text. But I do not see the pictures in the text.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it showing up as an SMS text but minus the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’ve had the issue where carriers strip the photo from the message. I’m on Verizon and there are two email to SMS addresses. One for pure text messages. And one for what they term multimedia messages. If I picked the text message one the photos wouldn’t come through.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
One for pure text messages. And one for what they term multimedia messages.
As an example, I use Xfinity Mobile, and was guided to use these addresses:
SMS ... number@vtext.com
MMS ... number@mypixmessages.com (can be used for plain text or media).

When I informed Ken (ca Aug 2018) that I could not find an entry for the above MMS address in BI's 'Carrier' drop-down list, he added it and informed me it was the same as the 'Straight Talk Verizon MMS'... That made sense as I understand Xfinity Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that piggybacks on Verizon’s network coupled with the Xfinity’s own Wi-Fi hotspots.

[EDIT] HOWEVER... even though I now use the MMS address, my actual experience with successfully receiving images on Xfinity Mobile text messages is still hit-and-miss -- mostly 'miss' of late. I stand corrected... it is Blue Iris push messages that are hit and miss -- when connected to cellular service (different topic!).

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve had the issue where carriers strip the photo from the message. I’m on Verizon and there are two email to SMS addresses. One for pure text messages. And one for what they term multimedia messages. If I picked the text message one the photos wouldn’t come through.

FWIW, I mentioned this to the OP back in post #2 and he said he was using the correct one, for MMS on Boost Mobile.