Emailing photo's.... Better configuration options?

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've setup a dedicated gmail email account, and setup the EMail tab successfully.

I've added the include attachment and it does email me every time either of my DS-2CD2132F-IS's detect movement... It sends me three pictures... After playing around with the intervals from 2S, 4S and 5S etc.... It's not all that great. Like it doesn't take the pics every 2secs. Say for example, i go to my camera, and stand in front of it and every two secs hold out a finger, from one to five... each for two secs, then check my email. I'll have three photo's.

One of me just before i get to the camera missing me entirely (weird?) another one with my arm in motion, and perhaps the last of me walking away.. Regardless of the interval settings.

A person could quite happily walk up to my home, throw a brick at the camera, it hit and smash it, and there be no photographic evidence. Because it missed his face by a garden mile.

Yes the video capture works, but it would be nice to get the photo capture and email better configured. Especially if the camera is destroyed or stolen during the event. Am I missing extra settings?

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would guess most people don't use this feature in the camera. It sounds like the first photo is an interval before the detection occurs, #2 is at detection, #3 is after motion detection is stopped? What firmware version are you using?

It is not advised to do this in the camera as you have to leave the camera exposed to the internet. Better to look into using the email setup in your NVR, if you have one. Or restricting internet access to the camera to only your email server.