Empire Andy NVR

Reaction score
Hello all

#1 I already have (1) AXIS P1447-LE 5MP Outdoor Network Bullet Camera and (2) Axis P3245-LVE 22mm Indoor/Outdoor Network Security Cameras and wanted to make sure that I could use this Empire Andy NVR before I make the purchase.
This is the model NVR I would get as long as it's compatible: EmpireTech NVR8CH-8P-2AI 8 Channels 1U 8PoE 2HDD Network Video Recorder

#2 What other brand of NVR would you recommend for me? I want the best one hehe! (don't want blue iris btw)

thank you!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best advice is to match NVR brand with camera brand to ensure full functionality.

Sure you may be able to get the video feed from a different brand camera into the NVR, but any advanced features like AI or motion detection or any other analytics the camera has may not be recognized by the NVR. That is what makes Blue Iris so nice is it can handle mixes of cameras better than an NVR can.

Reaction score
If support standard onvif, most basic function of the camera can work.
oh wow straight from the guy himself..thank you guys!!

Axis has a recorder but its very expensive around 900$ i would get this one if it helps with these 2 cameras but sounds like i can just buy yours. thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that as I mentioned, it should accept the video feed, but if there are any other features that you might be using (looking at it quickly, they appear to be basic cameras) it might not pull all of the extra stuff.

But the plus thing about going with EmpireTech's NVR is then you can add his cameras and/or replace these Axis cameras with something that is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio!

Your outdoor 5MP camera is on a 1/2.9" sensor, which is great for 720P but Andy's cameras will outperform this camera at night for a lot less cost!

Ideally you want a camera that has a MP/sensor size in green.

1714147070524.png