EmpireTech 2024 Spring Sales

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the lottery. I’ll play although I’ve never won anything.
Since it’s my 1st Empire Andy lottery,I have a question.

We can purchase up to 4 tickets. That part is easy.
After purchasing our tickets are you asking for an email with a copy of our ticket purchasing receipt or is this email with previous receipts from camera purchases for additional “free tickets”?
If you purchase tickets off of the website, you do not need to do anything.
If you make a purchase off of Amazon you will need to send a copy of your receipt/invoice to Andy to get your tickets.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We also update the refurbished list with latest updated stocks.
Some good deals there. But sadly a white IPC-Color4K-T 2.8mm is not on it. Will have to talk myself into spending more on a fresh new one. Or wait for the next sale.

- Thomas

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Woo hoo. Grabbed 2 of the 180 cameras from the refurb sale. Do the refurb cameras qualify for the lottery?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Some good deals there. But sadly a white IPC-Color4K-T 2.8mm is not on it. Will have to talk myself into spending more on a fresh new one. Or wait for the next sale.

- Thomas
Keep checking. Picked up a refurb 4K/X in January. Just reloaded the refurb page a couple times a day. One morning, there is was and I pulled the trigger.

Persistence pays off.

Reaction score
That is as good as it gets at the moment. And with the S3 version it is much better than the original 5442 series.
Thanks.

Are you referring to the IPC-B5442E-ZE?
I'm so confused with these model numbers.
What is the S3 version?
While I asking (dumb) questions, what is SMD 3?
Note: The purpose of this camera is as a web cam. No security features needed, just best image quality within the 2.7-12.0 focal length.

Dennis

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks.

Are you referring to the IPC-B5442E-ZE?
I'm so confused with these model numbers.
What is the S3 version?
While I asking (dumb) questions, what is SMD 3?
Note: The purpose of this camera is as a web cam. No security features needed, just best image quality within the 2.7-12.0 focal length.

Dennis
Whenever Dahua (And thus Andy's Empiretech cameras) use a different chipset on an existing model, it gets an S# designation.

So the entire 5442 series line of cameras now have an S3 at the end to designate a new chipset within an already existing model line.

Further, Andy has been required to change the names, so the B5442-ZE-S3 is now B54IR-ZE-S3

SMD 3.0 is Smart Motion Detection version 3. I forget which version the 5442 series originally had. But regardless, it is improvements to the motion detection model.

Here are reviews showing the difference between the original chipset and new S3 chipset in the 5442 line of cameras.'

Reaction score
wittaj

Thanks again. I had scanned those two reviews you suggest but got kind of lost as I was already confused with the model numbers.

Also I'm interested in moving up to 8MP and from EMPIRETECANDY response to my question about the IPC-B58IR-ZE above, there doesn't appear to be a version with the new GUI (S3).

Dennis

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.