EmpireTech 2024 Spring Sales

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Ohh man !! i just started to dive in to make a system for my house and I have a bunch your camera's on my Amazon Cart ! Should I just go through the website instead ?
just send him a screen shot of ur order.

you will get still get the tix.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ohh man !! i just started to dive in to make a system for my house and I have a bunch your camera's on my Amazon Cart ! Should I just go through the website instead ?
I go thru the website. Delivery times are the same, it seems empiretech uses amazon for warehousing in the USA. Not purchasing thru amazon has some benefits $$$

WizzardAsh

n3wb
Reaction score
I go thru the website. Delivery times are the same, it seems empiretech uses amazon for warehousing in the USA. Not purchasing thru amazon has some benefits $$$
Yeah , that's what i caught on. However I added a refurbished cam so I thought it was just easier to send everything in one package. Ohh well., my order was already pushed through before seeing your comment on their webiste.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably won’t come in 1 package. I wasn’t even aware you could order refurbs from amazon.
The 1 refurb I purchased seemed to come direct from china - was ordered from the website

Just remember for next time, there will be more than 1 order.

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not looking forward to running the cables, but I'm stoked to hook these up!
The tool that has helped me the most is this wire running kit. I bought this one but they sell them at all home improvement stores. It’s a life saver in tight spots you can’t reach!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
The tool that has helped me the most is this wire running kit. I bought this one but they sell them at all home improvement stores. It’s a life saver in tight spots you can’t reach!
those do work in a pinch. but they snap at the connections more often as i would like.

but yes, great for the price.

check out Klein and Gardner Bender brands. they glow in the dark which is good for the attic, but u will pay a bit more. but these will def last a lifetime for the average DIYr

quiet.tea

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Greenlee branded glow in the dark sticks have lasted for many years. Granted I only use them occasionally and not in a work environment.

Flannigan

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this better than fish tape, or something I will want to have in addition to that? Guess it's only $9, I might as well, there's a Harbor Freight right around the corner...

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this better than fish tape, or something I will want to have in addition to that? Guess it's only $9, I might as well, there's a Harbor Freight right around the corner...
They both have their jobs/purposes.

A fish tape doesn't work well when being pushed from the soffit into the attic, it's flexible and just bunches up.
Glow rods/fish sticks/etc don't like bending around conduit, but prefer when straight, brute force fishing is needed.

I used my fish tape to run coax, power, and ethernet through conduit to my deck and back fence. I use my fish sticks to push ethernet from the soffit into the attic, I have also used them to go up a garage wall from the basement to the ceiling above my office. The office is disconnected but I happened to have an oldwork electrical box in the garage I could remove and then use the hole in the drywall to facilitate the maneuvering of the sticks.

xmms

n3wb
Reaction score
I would stick with the 4MP version unless you don't care about low light performance as the 8MP is on the same size sensor as the 4MP so the 8MP needs twice the light as the 4MP to produce a comparable image in terms of brightness.

The BR58 series does have the new GUI for the Z4E model (up to 32mm focal length) which would be too much for your needs, but you can see how it compares to the 4MP in lower light conditions which may or may not be an issue for you.

I could use some guidance on what camera to choose.

I am trying to decide between IPC-B54IR-ZE vs. IPC-Color4K-X (8MP 1/1.2") at 2.8MM or 3.6MM. I'm not concerned about the $30 price difference.

I have an ethernet drop on the top of my porch looks at my back deck/part of the backyard. I don't have too serious of a use case but I'd like to use it for things like:
  • Motion or IVS capabilities -- face detection is likely not a good angle and not must-have
  • Create some video clips: My wife also likes to feed critters -- birds, squirrels, and at nighttime, possums. I'd love to be able to capture color at night

There is relatively low light at night, but there is some "glow" from the neighborhood in general.

I'm open to other camera suggestions as my knowledge is pretty limited. I'm just trying to buy a quality camera to start my journey.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could use some guidance on what camera to choose.

I am trying to decide between IPC-B54IR-ZE vs. IPC-Color4K-X (8MP 1/1.2") at 2.8MM or 3.6MM. I'm not concerned about the $30 price difference.

I have an ethernet drop on the top of my porch looks at my back deck/part of the backyard. I don't have too serious of a use case but I'd like to use it for things like:
  • Motion or IVS capabilities -- face detection is likely not a good angle and not must-have
  • Create some video clips: My wife also likes to feed critters -- birds, squirrels, and at nighttime, possums. I'd love to be able to capture color at night

There is relatively low light at night, but there is some "glow" from the neighborhood in general.

I'm open to other camera suggestions as my knowledge is pretty limited. I'm just trying to buy a quality camera to start my journey.
If you are ok with having the white LED light on from the 4K/X that would be your best bet for color at night.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As a starter or fact finding camera it’s gonna be hard to beat a varifocal, especially if you’re not familiar with the view from these lenses.

IPC t54ir ze s3 is an awesome camera with real flexibility. Certainly can do color at night but you’ll need to add white light. The on board infrared works great to if you don’t want to add white light and don’t mind a B&W picture.

The biggest thing I find with a fixed lens is how close things need to be to actually identify. It was not something I expected.