EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE Switches from Day 2 Night

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know what I did (if anything) but today this camera randomly switches profile from day to night. I can not find anything in the setting that would cause this to occur. It appears completely random.
Any idea what is happeneing and how I stop this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the profile actually switching or is it going color to B/W because it is cloudy out?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the log and see if anything is showing up there.

How do you have it switching profiles - with the schedule or the day/night option or self-adaptive?

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go into the log and see if anything is showing up there.

How do you have it switching profiles - with the schedule or the day/night option or self-adaptive?
The log only shows "Login", "Save Config" (after I set the profile back to Day) and "Log out".
Actually, I switch the profile via Hubitat using your URL (thanks for that btw) which ahs worked well without issue for weeks (months?) . When this issue started this morning, it was the Hubitat routine I checked first. It only fired once this morning at the appropriate time.
I just rebooted the camera and so far (15 minutes) it has been staying on the Day profile. Before the reboot it literally switched within a minute or two after I (re)set the profile to Day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
May be one of those things a reboot was needed. I have seen that happen time to time using the sunrise/sunset utility on the older GUI.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
May be one of those things a reboot was needed. I have seen that happen time to time using the sunrise/sunset utility on the older GUI.
I am optimistic the reboot did the trick. Before that it was impossible to keep the profile on Day. Very weird.

While I have your attention:
In the URLs for setting profiles you provided you use zero (0) for Day and 3 for Night as a value for VideoInOptions.NightOptions.SwitchMode=0 (or 3)
Any idea what value the other profiles are?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the Get command

0: NoSwitch, always use day options.
1: Switch depends on brightness.
2: Switch depends on time, switch to NightOptions
when time is after sunset time and before sunrise.
3: NoSwitch, always use NightOptions.
4: No switch, always use NormalOptions.