netgar

n3wb
Reaction score
This is my camera ID:
Software Version 2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19
WEB Version 3.2.4.184667
ONVIF Version 2.4.1
S/N **************
After setting up local FTP I am unable to receive any dav and jpg files to my FTP server. All I get several empty folders.
Anyone knows how to resolve that issue?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
check permissions and firewall software

can you connect with an FTP client to your server and upload files?

also check your scheduling, by default its not scheduled to record anything to FTP.

netgar

n3wb
Reaction score
I really dont know but in the first 2 folders there are some dav files, however all other 17 folders are empty. Does it make sense?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you recording via motion or continuously? dav files are the video files.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
here is the ftp structure of a constant 24/7 recording with file segments 10mins long, if your getting empty folders it may because your using motion and there are no events that hour?

format seems to be: CAMERA_NAME\STREAMID\FILETYPE\HOUR\HH.MM.SS-HH.MM.SS[NO IDEA WHAHT THIS IS].ext

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

netgar

n3wb
Reaction score
I use motion detection recording setting with 500gb attached to my router running tomato software with usb support (no continues recording).
There were so motion events for sure. I even was waving in front of my camera and still first 2 folders with dav video files, rest several folders are empty.
what kind of hdd are using? Bycause my hdd has no external power, however I can easily access it using my ftp app on my android remotely.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using a 4tb WD Purple.. are you sure your record schedules are setup correctly? here is mine for 24/7.. you should have yellow bars all the way across for motion.

Attachments

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe more logging would help? If you've a windows PC you can temporarily setup an FTP server, a simple way is with this software http://www.oldapps.com/filezilla.php (use a 2013 version, the newest ones have shovelware as part of the install), then with that window open you can see very detailed logging on every attempt from the camera to connect to your FTP server. This idea may be worth what you paid, but anyway :)

netgar

n3wb
Reaction score
Im away for couple days, I will go bzck to this after my trip.