Enabling camera level motion detect (and thus smart tracking) from an AI confirmed object match

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this possible? I have 2 PTZ cameras out front and since installation they have operated primarily based on smart event > intrusion > smart tracking. I've enjoyed this performance but it is not without flaws...

I have since moved to the BI world and simply love the AI filtered events, but they are troublesome when used in conjunction with PTZ smart tracking for the following reasons;
  • Camera movement from smart-tracking will give false positives on static objects, like parked cars.
  • Camera movement and zoom / focus, during jpeg capture, often leads to blurry images and missed events on Deepstack analysis.

Is it possible to set up BI and a PTZ camera like this;
1) PTZ parked at Preset1 with camera level motion detection disabled.
2) BI level motion detection and Deepstack running 24/7.
3) When an AI confirmed alert occurs (eg; person, 80%), the cameral level motion detection is enabled, which in turn enables smart tracking for xx seconds.
4) After xx + y seconds, disable camera level motion detection and return to Preset1 (if not already).

On my Hikvision, the option is simply a checkbox "Enable" which brings into effect the motion detection and Linkage Method > Smart Tracking.
Is there any way to get BI to check that box and save? then uncheck and save?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Check out the ‘On alert…’ and ‘On reset…’ buttons on the Alerts tab. On the Action Set tab, click the ‘+’ icon at the lower left and choose the appropriate action(s).

1626361132626.jpeg

1626361617859.jpeg

You’ll need to find the HTTP (or other API) commands to disable/enable your camera level motion detection. I have no experience with Hikvision cameras so I cannot help you with this. Perhaps other forum members can point you the right direction.

Last edited: