Enabling IVS changes lighting parameters

Rubke

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a 5442 from Andy. I've been pretty satisfied with the performace of the smart motion detection. Today, for fun, I tried the IVS and set some tripwires and an intrusion box. This evening I noticed that my image quality wasn't as what is used to be. I'm using custom settings (shutter, gain etc. as per many suggestions in this forum). Apparently when enabling a tripwire or intrusion box these settings get overruled and the image quality decreases. Can anybody explain why this is happening?
Even when I set all the settings to auto, you can still see image quality change when enabling IVS...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a bug in the firmware that many of us have noticed. It switches it from manual to shutter priority and cranks the gain up to 100.

Set and create the IVS rule and leave it enabled first. Then reset your parameters. Then you are good to go.

I forget which camera of mine I first noticed it, but now after I initialize the camera and change its IP, the next thing I do is create an IVS rule before changing anything else.

Rubke

n3wb
Reaction score
When setting IVS, and thereafter looking at the parameters they appear to be similar. Nothing seems to be changed. However, changing them (and putting them back to the old values after that) doesn't bring the image back to the old state (before IVS). Do you mean you should find new appropriate parameters?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should be the same values. I have found it was always just the gain was being added. In my experience, just changing the shutter to manual to be able to set the shutter speed and gain range would fix it. I would switch it auto and hit save then change it back to manual and set the parameters and then it looked like I was expecting.

But I guess it depends on what parameters you were running before. I always manually change the shutter and gain, so that was what I noticed and what would fix it in my case.

Rubke

n3wb
Reaction score
I've checked and tried. Indeed shutter and gain were changed, but putting them back doesn't give me the same image. Some other parameter, which I can't find, is changed as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe try a soft reset (where it resets everything but IP and user/PW) and then set the IVS rule first and then set up the camera from there?