Enabling Overlays for two Cameras drops the whole FPS in UI for all cameras to 2-3 fps

netmax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi have a very strange issue and can't find any solution. I have added a privacy mask for two cameras in BI via overlays. For these two cameras I needed to change the recording profile to re-encode, but recording is only done when the camera is triggered. The cameras are clones from their "originals" as the motion detection is completely done with the original cams because with overlays you can't use sub-streams - so in the original cam the motion detection uses the sub-stream and triggers the clones with the overlay.

CPU is around 25% on my system (9 cams in total), RAM is a<20%. R720 with Dual-Core E5-2650Lv2, 10 vCPU assigned. No hardware decode.

Before I've added these two clone cams, I've had around 20fps in UI3 on all cameras. Now UI3 has dropped to around 2 fps, even when I'm just live viewing a completely different cam. In the BI GUI I often see the exclamation mark symbol popping up at any cams which I also can't explain.

Disabling the two cloned cameras brings back the 20 fps to the UI3..

The two new camera clones did not "cost" me more than 2-3 additional CPU-%.

I'm fully puzzled why the system just became unusable, dropping from 20fps to 2fps in UI3 on any camera while CPU stays in a very relaxed area all the time. What did I oversee?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that removing just the overlays (privacy masks) and not changing anything else that the frame rate goes back to 20?

EDIT: what versions of BI and UI3?

netmax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As soon as I remove the overlay, either by deleting the object or by unchecking the "Display live overlay" all goes back to normal.

When I just add one overlay graphic to one camera, all goes downhill and fps is back to 2-4 ... even when I watch just a different (!) single camera in UI3.

BI is the up-to-date 5.6.0.8