Encoder

Tazzman

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using a physical Encoder or even Encoder Software for a point to point webcam chat. I know that it wont be in real time. My son and I chat on a point to point IP cams and I'm looking into a better quality connection.

Thanx

Tazz

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using a physical Encoder or even Encoder Software for a point to point webcam chat. I know that it wont be in real time. My son and I chat on a point to point IP cams and I'm looking into a better quality connection.

Thanx

Tazz
skype has solved this problem years ago.

Tazzman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
As much as real time may be important, I was questioning why it hasn't been incorporated into a solo camera or as much as a NVR. Lets face if clarity and definition is the goal, I'd like to believe that real time can take the back seat...….

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
As much as real time may be important, I was questioning why it hasn't been incorporated into a solo camera or as much as a NVR. Lets face if clarity and definition is the goal, I'd like to believe that real time can take the back seat...….
I dont understand what you are trying to do. In your first post you say you chat over ip cameras. Why? something is not right here. Why not use skype or similar, free and good.