EPoe Build for Wildlife

Reaction score
Hi. I'm wanting to put some camera in the woods temporarily to monitor wildlife. Maximum run would be about 900 feet and would need 2 or 3 cameras. I'd like the cameras to have good night vision, but they don't need to pan/zoom - wide angle would be nice. Since it would be temporary, I'd just lay some cat 5 or cat 6 wire along the ground from my barn to the camera sites - I'm fine with the risk of something happening to the wire for the time it is out there. Can someone recommend a good combination of cameras and epoe switch that would work for this application, and would it be possible to connect to Blue Iris? I was looking at Dahua pfl2106-4et-96 or LR2110-8ET-120 epoe switches (not sure the difference between them) and not sure about the best Dahua camera for this application. Thanks for any help!

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
It will be hard to run a POE 900 foot the resistance in the cat5/6 would lose all of your power.
You might as well run an extension cord along with it to power your cameras.
Then the best way to get your data back would be a set of Ubiquity point to point links.
Nano beams are easy to set up and aim.

I like the M5, they are rock solid out to a couple miles.

Reaction score
It will be hard to run a POE 900 foot the resistance in the cat5/6 would lose all of your power.
You might as well run an extension cord along with it to power your cameras.
Then the best way to get your data back would be a set of Ubiquity point to point links.
Nano beams are easy to set up and aim.

I like the M5, they are rock solid out to a couple miles.
I had thought the Dahua epov switch and cameras were meant for distances up to 800 meters. Does that require different cabling besides ethernet - I think someone below mentioned RG6?