Epoe trench 750ft long

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Almost got it finished. Did cable ends, had to solder the 12V wires for the separate IR light and mic. Didn't want to haul my generator out so I did the Darwin Redneck thing. Got a 12awg 2 wire piece and hooked my soldering iron plug to the wires I was soldering. Figured the 14AWG power cable back to the house for 12VDC would handle the soldering iron. Plugged the ends in a wall outlet inside. Used rubber gloves. It worked. In the mailbox I put the camera in, I rolled up excess cable, so if I ever have to pull the whole assembly out the cable ends will be accessible from the front opening. Everything solid mounted except the camera for now. Last 2 pics are at full zoom and full wide on the B5442 Z4. Covering my UPS/Fedex/USPS dropoff box at the end of the driveway.

Attachments

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Think I fried my Microseven mic. Had it on 80% with no noise filter, running at 13V. Supposed to be rated for 8-20V. It lasted about 4 hrs, then developed a hum & crackling sound with volume down about 1/2. Still works but think I'll get another one and run it at 40 %. It did it immediately at 6:39 pm. Listened to it using search.. Oh well. $25 dang.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Think I fried my Microseven mic. Had it on 80% with no noise filter, running at 13V. Supposed to be rated for 8-20V. It lasted about 4 hrs, then developed a hum & crackling sound with volume down about 1/2. Still works but think I'll get another one and run it at 40 %. It did it immediately at 6:39 pm. Listened to it using search.. Oh well. $25 dang.
I'd contact micro-seven and warranty it. 13volts should not have fried it.
The volume you had set would have no bearing on causing the problem.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd contact micro-seven and warranty it. 13volts should not have fried it.
The volume you had set would have no bearing on causing the problem.
Bought it thru Amazon..had it since May..think Micro-Seven would still do the warranty?

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to try, most things we buy today have a manufacturing warranty of one year.
You could also try to get Amazon to replace the mic. Amazon also handles the manufacturers warranty claims for some items so that may be easier since Amazon can see your purchase etc.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could also try to get Amazon to replace the mic. Amazon also handles the manufacturers warranty claims for some items so that may be easier since Amazon can see your purchase etc.
Even though it was 3 weeks over time I chatted with Amazon and they are sending a replacement. I thought I would need to send the old one in but never got an RMA email, the mic just popped up on Amazon as a $0.00 order for a new mic. You can't beat that kind of service. Probably value of a defective mic isn't worth doing the shipping.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Even though it was 3 weeks over time I chatted with Amazon and they are sending a replacement. I thought I would need to send the old one in but never got an RMA email, the mic just popped up on Amazon as a $0.00 order for a new mic. You can't beat that kind of service. Probably value of a defective mic isn't worth doing the shipping.
That is good customer service. Probably right about the shipping; I've been told to toss a couple defective items also.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, just happened across your post and have to say that is some great work. As an aside, I also have that Microseven mic from Amazon and from day 1 mine has always had a low level hum.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, just happened across your post and have to say that is some great work. As an aside, I also have that Microseven mic from Amazon and from day 1 mine has always had a low level hum.
The hum is dependent on the power supply used. Others have found that lower ma rated supplies will have less or no hum.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What happened to mine is that it was very sensitive with great sound, but after 6 hours it started humming and had a slight crackling. the replacement worked fine. I'm using a variable power adapter rated max 2.5 Amps.