VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

since BI 5.3.1 i've many error 502.
I'm using a nginx reverse proxy

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. The path cloudflare -> nginx -> bi stopped working. nginx -> bi works. Something about cloudflare is breaking recent versions.

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. The path cloudflare -> nginx -> bi stopped working. nginx -> bi works. Something about cloudflare is breaking recent versions.
Same configuration for me ... version 5.3.0 is working well with cloudflare -> nginx -> bi, version 5.3.1 NOT

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
still have the same error with 5.3.2.
I had to revert to 5.3.0.3 to get cloudfare and nginx working with BI
what changed after this version on web interface ?

geoffmyers

n3wb
Reaction score
I am experiencing a similar issue. I am receiving constant HTTP 502 errors with the latest version of Blue Iris 5.3.2.8. My setup includes the Cloudflare CDN, NGINX reverse proxy, and Blue Iris. This setup has worked perfectly for more than a year but has recently been problematic with recent updates to Blue Iris. Clearing cookies for the domain fixes this problem temporarily for a single page load but then all subsequent page loads return a HTTP 502 status code. The cookie names are __cfduid, cf_ob_info, cf_use_ob, and session. (I understand that most of these are Cloudflare-related cookies and not Blue Iris cookies.)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try turning off "HTTP keep-alives" in Blue Iris Web server > Advanced. If that fixes the problem, be sure to let the Blue Iris developer know about the problem so that maybe he can fix it.

geoffmyers

n3wb
Reaction score
Try turning off "HTTP keep-alives" in Blue Iris Web server > Advanced. If that fixes the problem, be sure to let the Blue Iris developer know about the problem so that maybe he can fix it.
Thank you. Unfortunately, disabling the "HTTP keep-alives" option did not resolve the issue.

I have already contacted Blue Iris support and am waiting for their reply. Thanks again for your help!

asilva54

n3wb
Reaction score
im getting this too

cloudflare > letsencrypt docker w/ nginx on unraid > bi on subdomain setup

at first rolling back to a previous version of BI5 worked, then i disabled BI5 updates.
Issue popped up again, so cloudflare being involved as a culprit makes sense.

if i am not logged in in certain other else on my domain (like organizr) then there are no cookies and BI works fine. as soon as any other cookie for my domain is saved, BI wont load.

edit: but unifi and home assistant on their own subdomains work fine...shrug

Last edited:

geoffmyers

n3wb
Reaction score
I can now confirm that the cause of this particular issue is Blue Iris. I have performed comprehensive testing using multiple reverse proxies (both NGINX and Traefik) with a variety of configurations and settings, and I have tested them with multiple versions of Blue Iris to see which combinations work and which ones don't. The last version of Blue Iris that does not have this issue is 5.3.0.3. All later versions (5.3.1 and newer) experience the same issue (constant HTTP 502 errors when using a reverse proxy).

I have contacted Blue Iris support and am waiting for their reply.

kzaoaai

n3wb
Reaction score
does anyone use organizr by any chance? If I delete the cookies and go to the www.mywebsite.com/bi, it will behave correctly. Once I login to the same site on a different subomain (Organizr), error 502 shows up.

asilva54

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh I missed that part. I guess using incognito/private mode to access BI is our only solution for the time being.
thats right...well im using firefox for BI, chrome for the rest...and just setting my bi page to FF default/home page

milosm

n3wb
Reaction score
I also use different subdomains for different services, I don't use organizr. For me, this issue only happens with Chrome (Chrome incognito also doesn't work), FF work, Safari works.

asilva54

n3wb
Reaction score
I also use different subdomains for different services, I don't use organizr. For me, this issue only happens with Chrome (Chrome incognito also doesn't work), FF work, Safari works.
main domain: organizr
bi subdomain
unifi subdomain
home-assistant subdomain

For me, NONE of the browsers let BI work once i log into organizr.
once I am in organizr
  • Organizr works
  • BI DOES NOT WORK
  • unifi works
  • HA works

kzaoaai

n3wb
Reaction score
bi subdomain
unifi subdomain
home-assistant subdomain

For me, NONE of the browsers let BI work once i log into organizr.
once I am in organizr
  • Organizr works
  • BI DOES NOT WORK
  • unifi works
  • HA works
subdomains: multiple including BI

None of the browsers let BI work once I log into Organizr. All other subdomains work correctly.