Error - Exception

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BlueIrisCompanion Error - Exception type system.net.webexception form The remote server returned error: NotFound.
I am getting this error on my Nokia Icon. Running latest version of app and BI @BlueIrisCompanion

Reaction score
If u connect via LAN make sure that u specify the right port for the BI server.
If u connect via 3G make sure the port forwarding is correct.
Also check the firewall settings.

Theoretically if u can reach the blue iris webserver via the phone's browser then bic will work too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I did not clarify. I can reach the server, it shows me my cameras. The error pops up as I view the cameras.

Reaction score
Can you please tell me the name of your camera? (wanna see if there are some unsupported chars maybe)
I suppose you login as admin? If not please try once as admin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running dahuas at one location and a mix of hikvision/ips and some others at another location. Both locations have the error. I am using logins with no special characters. I don't see how that would matter to BI anyways...

Reaction score
Might be that I am not formatting correctly the request I send to BI (btw the error you get comes from the BI server directly). That would be indeed strange as nobody complained about such error (yet).

So you are not able to see a live stream from any of your cameras? The alerts/clips work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am able to view clips...the error appears to be random. I am trying to pinpoint when it occurs.

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BlueIrisCompanion, I chatted with you about this via e-mail recently. I have since found that I think it has to do with video wrapper and video format as I'm having problems viewing clips on BI itself also. I haven't really figured anything out yet to be able to consistently view clips. That's why I haven't gotten back to you. I'm new to BI and it's a pretty sophisticated piece of software and will take a while for me to figure out everything like format and wrapper, etc. If you have figured anything out on this, please let us know, as it might help me figure out my problem viewing video clips on BI also.