Error in UI3 on iPad (Safari and Chrome)

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
UI3 version 253, Blue Iris version: 5.7.9.12

Getting the attached error when viewing my cameras in Safari and Chrome on my iPad 16.7.1

This issue just popped up a few weeks ago, I think maybe when I upgraded the iOS to 16.7.

Can anyone help? I don't have this issue when viewing on my Safari on iMac desktop.

Attachments

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help, but just wanted to add that I get the same error when opening ui3 on the browser included in the Hisense U8G tv. Everything works fine, but the error remains overlayed on the screen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. UI3 developer here.

It looks like this error happens in a 3rd-party library which is responsible for rendering video to the screen for the JavaScript H.264 player. The relevant code has never changed, and it looks like very straightforward usage of WebGL-related APIs, so this is most likely a bug on Apple's end or perhaps they removed support for something that is needed.

Unfortunately I do not own any recent Apple products, so I will need help to figure this out. Please go to this website on the affected iPad and share screenshots/pictures of what is shown on the WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 tabs: WebGL Report

Whatever is wrong on the Hisense tv, it is probably something entirely different than the error on the iPad. Either way without a screenshot I can't know anything about it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone getting a "WebGLRenderingContext" error, please upload screenshots of the WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 tabs from the WebGL Report website.

Also please try UI3-254 which I just released. I believe I have improved the compatibility of the renderer used by the JavaScript H.264 player. So that I know what is happening better, I would be interested to see a screenshot of the Stats for nerds panel on @SafetyCams iPad now in UI3-254. To open that, long press the video player in UI3 to open a menu. "Stats for nerds" is one of the options.

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the error message that appears on a Hisense U8G TV's included browser app.

PXL_20231015_032555382.jpg

SafetyCams

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone getting a "WebGLRenderingContext" error, please upload screenshots of the WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 tabs from the WebGL Report website.

Also please try UI3-254 which I just released. I believe I have improved the compatibility of the renderer used by the JavaScript H.264 player. So that I know what is happening better, I would be interested to see a screenshot of the Stats for nerds panel on @SafetyCams iPad now in UI3-254. To open that, long press the video player in UI3 to open a menu. "Stats for nerds" is one of the options.
Here are my screenshots for WebGL 1 and WebGL 2. Do you need everything underneath that?

I have not yet upgraded to UI3-254. I am on Blue Iris 5.7.9.12. Will UI3-254 work on that version?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are my screenshots for WebGL 1 and WebGL 2. Do you need everything underneath that?

I have not yet upgraded to UI3-254. I am on Blue Iris 5.7.9.12. Will UI3-254 work on that version?
Based on those screenshots, I am surprised it wasn't working. I don't really know which specific WebGL features are needed, but I think it is very basic.

Yes, you can update UI3 to version 254 and it is fully compatible with Blue Iris 5.7.9.12. If you need instructions, see the "Manual installation" section here.