Error when starting BI (on VM using remote desktop)

Jasper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have been trying to get BI setup on a VM server using remote desktop, but keep getting the following error after launching the application: "blue iris video security and webcam software has stopped working"

I am using a windows 2012 server R2 with all windows updates. I have 2013 visual c++ packages for x64 and x86 as well as desktop experience installed.

The VM has 4 cores 3.7ghz and 8gb ram.

I am currently trying to launch the program in demo mode, I would really like to see it working on the VM before buying it. (Running on a VM is important for me, I dont have room in my appartment for my own server)

I have tried installing BI 3 and that does run on the VM.

I tried re-installing the VM with windows 10 pro but it returned the same error.

Is there somebody who can point me to what I could try to get this to work?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that is about as generic of an error message as it can get. Try uninstalling, delete your old installation file, and download it again. If that doesn't work, you could contact the developer, as possibly fresh installs from the latest installer are broken (it has happened before). Alternately, start a Conversation (a.k.a. private message) with me on this forum and tonight or tomorrow I'll hunt down an old installer I've used successfully before, and upload it to dropbox for you. All my old dropbox links are down now because they removed the "Public" folder :(

Jasper

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I contacted support and they suggested installing the x86 version, that solved my problem!