Ethernet Ends

Kendive

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this should be good and maybe help the IP Cam work a little better.

!!! Just Kidding Of Course !!!

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My guess is that it wasn't his image, just one that he found posted somewhere else. Imgur links don't go dead unless the file was actually deleted by the user.

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

This is the thumbnail that shows in tapatalk for this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That... is actually really f'n cool! I would be very interested to know what a cable certifier would say about it.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of amazing if it actually works with that much abuse applied to the wires!

taz420nj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not really abuse. It's only being flexed a couple times during knotting, and technically the knots are of acceptable radius, but the real issue would be the pairs are split wrong. Orange is way longer than green, and brown is way longer than blue. Had brown and blue been used for the solomon bars and green and orange twisted and used for the spine, it would at least be usable for 100 (might even certify), because the pairs will be equal length. The length difference would be between 1/2 & 3/4 so it would affect gigabit.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the person that did that used to be a Navy or Air Force parachute rigger. I was in Naval Air '68-'72 and the para riggers in the squadrons did that with paracord to EVERYTHING...key fobs, zipper pulls, bracelets, flashlights, knife handles, shore patrol baton handles, and on and on.

I learned a little, did a little, but nothing as elaborate and well-executed as they could. Great way to spend time while standing a watch.