Ethernet Wire sticking putty?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone used (and liked) some sort of cold tolerant putty or very viscous caulking sealer for cramming Ethernet cable in and around the eaves?

I have used staples before and now see there are some close tolerance curved (6mm dia) staples and staplers, but the problem with them is twofold. First they don’t work well at the downspout (metal) to wooden fascia interfaces, and secondly, the tool has a big fat nose that restricts the use in the house to roof-line interface. Also, there is also the ever-present risk of ruining the wire permanently with a miss-fired staple.

Duct tape always looks like shit and will not hold over a long term.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My local home depot has the Circle cable clips, so you can get those locally maybe. They probably have the tie mounts too, but I didn't look for those.
And if it matters, the ones from HD are larger then the Ethernet wire I had, 23 gauge Cat 6 solid. I wanted it snug, so I cut a shore piece of cable to wedge in, and then it was snug with no movement (unless you pull REALLY hard lol).

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr, i haven't had the greatest of luck with that style of nailed clip on the outside of a house. It is difficult to swing even a tinny hammer in the less than 90 deg area between the wall and roof, and a lot of time the gutter runs are along concrete siding. I also wonder how long they will last with UV, like the plastic Christmas light clips. They work great in the attic however. Do you prefer the loose ones that you linked to or the smaller 5838 part?