Evaluation Watermark out of nowhere

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So out of the blue today I see (pun kinda intended) I see “ALU” in blue across 9 of my 12 cameras. Odd. I look and I am on 5.6.x.x and there are newer versions, but my subscription lapsed in Oct ‘22. Things work fine, no new features have appealed to me, so I didn’t renew.

After rebooting BI no difference, so I rebooted the computer itself, and now half the cameras say “ALU” but the other half in smaller font says “Blue Iris Evaluation Version”

Any way to get rid of this? I see the sticky thread about the recent website issues, I didnt read all 11 pages but is there an issue with licenses right now?

jimmyb

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had this happen at several locations in the past hour or so. Re-entering the product key seems to have fixed it, but now I have to check every site to see if they're experiencing the same issue.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had this happen at several locations in the past hour or so. Re-entering the product key seems to have fixed it, but now I have to check every site to see if they're experiencing the same issue.
so if I go to re-add my most recent product key it says you have already entered it. When it comes to my overall license, I see the right one listed, but I do not see how to re-enter it short of clicking "deactivate" and then I guess following steps to reactivate it. Is that what you did to re-enter the key? and was it the product or license key you re did?

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are a few threads already here about this issue. BI is working on the fix. Use the search function to find those threads.
I tried with ALU and didnt find anything but I did reference there was an 11 page thread and was this associated with that issue as well….

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried with ALU and didnt find anything but I did reference there was an 11 page thread and was this associated with that issue as well….
I am thinking that if you DO NOT have a current maintenance plan then your only option is too de-activate and then activate using your license key. I have done this many times when swapping out machines, so it won't hurt anything to try. Now if you DO HAVE a current maintenance plan, then you simply enter your maintenance key using the Upgrade/renew.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am thinking that if you DO NOT have a current maintenance plan then your only option is too de-activate and then activate using your license key. I have done this many times when swapping out machines, so it won't hurt anything to try. Now if you DO HAVE a current maintenance plan, then you simply enter your maintenance key using the Upgrade/renew.
Thank you that worked. Having BI since ~2014 this was the first hiccup so I was not sure what deactivating would do (mess up any settings, etc). seemed rather easy, and now I am back up and working (though I had to put in the product key again but no big deal).