Event Snapshot to IVMS 4500?

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been struggling with many aspects of these cameras, but on the 3 I've got working am quite happy with motion detection features.

I've used a 3 zone approach:

1) Basic motion detection for ancillary zone (as the models I have only allow 1 of each smart event)
2) Intrusion detection for main zone
3) Line crossing for alerts to IVMS 4500

Overall pretty happy as don't get a ridiculous amount of alerts from (3). However, it would be better if I could get a snapshot of the trigger itself.

Having read through threads/docs I've come to the conclusion snapshots only go to email alerts, not IVMS/Push notifications. But thought I'd ask as nothing appears to be clear in "Hikvision World".

Is it possible to get snapshots -> IVMS 4500? This is really the last piece I am missing. The problem with email alerts is there can be significant lag sometimes and the provider on either end may block repeated mails.

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If not are there any workarounds people have found?

I was thinking I could possibly set the snapshot folder as small as possible (i.e. it holds a days events) and look into having the NAS sync it with dropbox. That way I could have the push events to alert me and simply open dropbox to see the snapshots. If it looks like a genuine event I can go to IVMS, otherwise I can quickly dismiss the events (rather then having to view the video).