"Events: Subscription" coming from Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras configured in my Blue Iris server. When I have the "Get ONVIF trigger events" option enabled on the cameras, I'm continuously getting an "Events: subscription" message logged and ONVIF events are NOT triggering a recording within Blue Iris. I have the same exact configuration on different model Hikvision camera, and it works perfectly fine. Does anyone know why the 2387's would be acting up?

1679596330691.png

Camera Settings:
1679596381480.png
1679596407890.png

1679596461155.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its an issue we see with Dahua as well. Something about the ONVIF throwing a caution but it doesn't impact anything other than our own OCD behavior LOL.

I started seeing it happening around the time ONVIF kicked out Dahua and Hikvision, but I suspect that was more coincidence.

Some have been able to get the message to stop by turning off ONVIF authenticator in the camera. I am not sure if the Hik has a comparable setting.

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its an issue we see with Dahua as well. Something about the ONVIF throwing a caution but it doesn't impact anything other than our own OCD behavior LOL.

I started seeing it happening around the time ONVIF kicked out Dahua and Hikvision, but I suspect that was more coincidence.

Some have been able to get the message to stop by turning off ONVIF authenticator in the camera. I am not sure if the Hik has a comparable setting.

OH, it stops if I disable the ONVIF protocol on the cameras, but I don't want to do that as i want them to trigger recordings in blue iris. It's weird that it's only happening with my 2387's and not my other Hikvision cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For Dahua, Under Network > Access Platform, turning onvif authenticator off in the camera stops that error by still allows the ONVIF triggers. It is an issue where the camera and BI are having "handshake" issues and thinks that there is a problem, when there isn't. It is an annoying issue, but not causing any issues other than we don't like seeing that triangle LOL.

I don't have the 2387 to know if there is a similar option to turn that part off but still let ONVIF triggers to happen.

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For Dahua, Under Network > Access Platform, turning onvif authenticator off in the camera stops that error by still allows the ONVIF triggers. It is an issue where the camera and BI are having "handshake" issues and thinks that there is a problem, when there isn't. It is an annoying issue, but not causing any issues other than we don't like seeing that triangle LOL.

I don't have the 2387 to know if there is a similar option to turn that part off but still let ONVIF triggers to happen.

I"m only seeing these two options for ONVIF Authentication. I'm researching to see if there's a way to do it via CLI or some of ther ONVIF manager.
1679599320470.png

rs8769

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone determined a resolution? I'm having the same issue with the Hik 2387s and BI - cannot get onvif communication to work