Excruciating slow playback of exported MP4 file

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've never had to change the default "export 0" set up, what I export has always been fine & played back fine. Even now, 3/4 still export & play just fine. I have a new H265 camera I run 2592 x 1944 15fps. I basically export 0 50 % default setting with hardware acceleration (Nvidia) enabled. 30 GOP & "superfast". So when I export a small portion of the file to share of to keep for record, the playback is like step by step slow mo frame by frame... Why? The other 3 cameras (1080 mode H264 & H265) are just fine, what am I missing here? I did try a tweak adjusting the export 3 profile with some settings of "keyframe 30 b frame 30" & tried to use H265 as that is the native format I am using on this camera for the high detail & dropped it to 30%. Doesn't make a difference it appears to be slow playback no matter what. If I play it via the application or via the web interface it plays back just fine. it is only the export function that makes the playback go into crawl mode. Running the latest version 5.3.x.x on 6 core Intel i7 & 16GB RAM SSD (though this is not a performance issue, it's a playback issue).

Last edited: