Experience with Floodlight wireless IP Camera

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I am hoping someone has a positive experience with using a Floodlight wireless IP Camera. (I cannot string a cable to the needed location). Obviously it needs to be BI compatible.
There is a Dahua but it won't be available for months:

Here is one I found on Amazon.

recommendations?

thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can get power there for a flood light WiFi camera, you can make any camera WiFi with a Ubiquity Nano Station Loco. Far, far, more reliable than the consumer grade stuff available.

Reaction score
If the Dahua one above had hard wired option, I would buy one and play with it. I just installed 4x110vac security lights around the house. Already have 2MP cams at 8' covering each of the areas with an additional 2MP camera high above doing overwatch on 3 sides. 2.8mm fixed lens though.... too bad wasn't in the 2.0mm or lower range. 180 degree visual would be nice.

The one above on Amazon only has cloud storage and gotta pay a fee. No thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In a lot of instances, cloud based only cameras are not compatible with BI - I know there are exceptions, but these no named ones tend to prevent that to tie you to their service...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the problems with flood light cameras, when the flood lights are controlled by a PIR, is that when they come on the camera is blinded for a few seconds as the gain/iris adjust to the sudden white light coming on. That can be a nuisance or critical in some situations.

Last edited: