Export to MP4 cutting clip short

Lambster68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm trying to export a clip in MP4, but the clip is being cut off. The original clip is in BVR, and is around 6 hours long, the segment I need to export is around 20 minutes long, and is pretty much at the end of the clip, and is needed for law enforcement for a prosecution.

I have tried exporting the segment using the green and red markers in clip view, which is only exporting just over a minute of the 20 (ish) minute segment I marked, when that happened 4 times I decided to try exporting the entire clip, which is again cutting short, annoyingly about 2 minutes in to the section of the clip I'm REALLY interested in.

The PC is running an i5 7400 with 8Gb RAM, I have around 300Gb free on the system disk, and CPU usage is being reported by Blue Iris as between 15-30%. I'm only running one camera, which is recording at 720P.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If it consistently breaks at the same point every time, there's probably a bad frame or something. Try doing it in two exports, skipping the bad part.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could also try exporting using the iOS or android apps or the default.htm page in Internet Explorer (look for the red circle record button just to the left of the seek bar). Those apps all use different export methods which may be a little more robust in this situation. UI3 also has an export function but it isn't good for very long exports like this unless your video is super low bit rate.

Lambster68

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks for the advice, I'll try those on Monday when I can get in front of the BI PC. Thanks again sir!