Exported clips not playing

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
as a test I cropped and exported a small 2 minute clip from one of my recordings.
I did this in both avi and mp4 and each time the green status bar showed the convert/export process and then the file shows on my desktop (my chosen location) as a avi or mp4 file of around 30mb.
However when I double click these clips they do not play, just pop straight up a message saying ‘watch again’ even though nothing actually happened.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
as a test I cropped and exported a small 2 minute clip from one of my recordings.
I did this in both avi and mp4 and each time the green status bar showed the convert/export process and then the file shows on my desktop (my chosen location) as a avi or mp4 file of around 30mb.
However when I double click these clips they do not play, just pop straight up a message saying ‘watch again’ even though nothing actually happened.
Check your 'default programs' to see what player is supposed to execute when you double -click or open those file types.
Alternately, under 'default programs', go to 'associate a file type or protocol with a program' to see which player is set to open an mp4 and avi. If Windows Media Player is your only player and it's set as default, you may need to try another player, I suggest VLC.
My Windows Media Player was 'broken' for a time, perhaps by an update and would not play any MP4 larger than about 10MB.