Exporting IP Camera Image as .PNG for IP Phone Application

NTL1991

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm tinkering around with a Cisco IP phone setup, and have a few nice 8961 IP Phones with the capability of displaying 24-bit color PNG images with 498x289 resolution. XML applications for the phones are pretty easy to generate, and I'd like to build a basic app that would display the camera output on the phone.

Can BlueIris output an image file (maybe every couple seconds) that could then be processed by another piece of software to match the required 498x289 24-bit PNG format, and be called up by the phone's XML app?

I like the idea of having a quick one-touch view of the cameras, right on the desk, without having the pull up the app, or call up the web viewer.

-Nick

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Try these HTTP commands.
For example, I use them with Tasker's 'HTTP Get' action to grab images on demand and display them in a Tasker Scene..

{yourIPandPort}/image/{cam‐short‐name}?q=50&s=80 A single JPEG image from a specific camera or
group, with optional quality (q) and scale (s) parameters. Quality is a percentage
from 1‐100, and scale may be any number >0.

{yourIPandPort}/image/{cam‐short‐name}?h=100 You may also specify a specific height (h) or width
(w) instead of scale.