exporting not working properly

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to export a 4.39gb clip. If I view the original clip in BL it a few hours long after I export it's just about an hour-long , I am using mp4,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to export a 4.39gb clip. If I view the original clip in BL it a few hours long after I export it's just about an hour-long , I am using mp4,
There have been some threads about issues exporting very large clips. What exact version of BI are you running? Have you tried exporting an hour at a time? Also if you are recording triggered events, while the clip may be long on the timeline, there are likely dead spaces in there.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is working when i do smaller clips about an hour long. i am at 4.8.4.3
its going to be a long night doing 1-2hour clips. lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is working when i do smaller clips about an hour long. i am at 4.8.4.3
its going to be a long night doing 1-2hour clips. lol
The last version of bi4 was 4.8.6.3 you can try that. Or upgrade to v5. Why would you need to export all this video?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Some knifed tires on my road, they want to see if a certain vehicle is in the area
you can give them the original BVR files and they can use the blue iris 5 demo to play them back. The blue iris 5 demo will continue to work to play back BVR files even after the 15 day demo file.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can give them the original BVR files and they can use the blue iris 5 demo to play them back. The blue iris 5 demo will continue to work to play back BVR files even after the 15 day demo file.
I told them that , he seemed clueless and handed me a few thumb drive which was to small anyway

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, thank sman! You are always a great help!!
Just make sure to follow the directions in the migration guide on the forum and to immediately import your old settings because the default folder storage is only 10gb and may wipe your files..