Exporting Video

warb

n3wb
Reaction score
Done some searching however cant really get an answer,
I have no 'clips' in my list, however I can rewind in the timeline in IU3, how do I export video with no 'clips'? Id like to simply seek the part I want in the timeline and export a section of video.
Or can I create a clip? When I select All Clips it says "No Recordings where found matching your filters' so I assume I need to set some filters somewhere? I'm in the right date range etc.
any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Are you trying to export in UI3 or in BI? What version of BI/UI3?

Do you see that there are video files in the proper folders? Like 'New'?

What do your recording parms look like?
1668127672666.png

warb

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah, all in 'new' directory, looks to be sorted by camera name then time and date dtails , I don't care if I need to use BUIor UI3, just want to export video form this. recording deets below, however I get if I had clips its an easy process, however I just want to pull some older footage and it just looks like to cat do this very basic task?

Attachments

Reaction score
I noticed that in the list of bvr files, there seems to be nothing recent. Are there files from today in there?

What does your 'Clips and archiving' settings look like?

1668138728624.png

If you have files in the New folder, you could try a DB Repair/Regenerate to get those clips back.

1668138735582.png

warb

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks mate, yeah i have new ones there too, i just grabbed a random shot, ill try the regen thing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen the clip list fail to load in UI3 before, and simply logging out and back in solved it for me, so Database Repair/Regenerate might not be necessary. I don't think it was a bug in UI3. Though if I ever see it happen again I will investigate further.

There is no export function for the timeline in UI3. Exports can only be done from the clip or alert lists. That is a little easier if you do it from Blue Iris's local console because it tries to synchronize your clip list scroll position with your timeline scroll position. UI3 can't do that for reasons of space saving and avoiding some complexity. Though perhaps in the future I'll make it so that if you switch from the timeline tab to the clip list tab, it will load the matching day and scroll automatically to the most appropriate position. That won't happen any time soon.