Extend three NVR connection

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
i have three NVR 16 integrated Switch POE,working fine with 33 caméra IP dahua 2mega POE,but i need to change location and extend NVRs connection for 100m ,i replace them with 02 Switch(Switch n°1 :24 ports and Switch n°2 : 16 ports) ,and i connect the 33 cameras to Switchs ,and install the 03 NVRs to my New location .
Nvr n°1 receive câble signal from Switchs,and i plug the output of nvr1 with nvr2,and eliminate the third nvr
I attribue 16 cameras for nvr1 ,and 16 for nvr2

Result:
Nvr1: 16 vidéo caméra work with some freezzes
Nvr2: freezzes with juste 08 cameras
I need your advise to get solution without any freezes

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Jaouad, french is not a common language on this forum. But let's first start with the math: two NVR with 16 camera's each gives 32 camera's, not 33. So you'll loose one.
Secondly, not sure what you mean with "NVR1 freezzes" and "NVR2 freezzes". Do you mean hangs? No screen output? No network activity? Are these 100 meter cable runs new? Cat5? Cat6? CCA? Good terminations?

So basically, please provide us some more backgroundinformation:
1) which cams do you have? 2MP can be anything
2) which NVRs do you have? what are their specifications? Can they even handle 16 cams? An 8 channel NVR will never accept 16 cams. Ever.
3) DRAW your setup, including switched, POE port indications
4) name your cabling, distances etc

Tip-of-the-day: debugging is never easy, but work step-by-step: try 1 cam first. Does it work, then that cable is good. Try the other cams on that line too. Do they work? Then the cams are fine. And incrementally add stuff until it breaks. Then either calculate (eg how much bandwidth arrives on the NVR).

Good luck!
CC

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks you:
Model nvr :
Dahua NVR NVR5216-16P-4KS2E 16 ,and cameras are dahua POE 2 méga résolution.
I need to extend all cameras connexion to a New destination and transfert NVRs without losing qualité and Real Time plates vidéos,i kept all cameras in old location and plug it with two Switchs 24 and 16 ports POE ,and used a optical fibre between the two location.
But my question is how Can i wire the NVRs in New distination .Switch or directly to NVRs POE ports?

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
Freeze ...the vidéo signal disappear or sometime it became very slow

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks you:
Model nvr :
Dahua NVR NVR5216-16P-4KS2E 16 ,and cameras are dahua POE 2 méga résolution.
I need to extend all cameras connexion to a New destination and transfert NVRs without losing qualité and Real Time plates vidéos,i kept all cameras in old location and plug it with two Switchs 24 and 16 ports POE ,and used a optical fibre between the two location.
But my question is how Can i wire the NVRs in New distination .Switch or directly to NVRs POE ports?
This is exactly why I was insisting on a drawing.

Let me draw it for you how I understand it:

I assume your cams are now on the local POE ports of the NVR
In your future setup, you are connecting these 16 cams on POE switch in the old location, passing that traffic in the fibre tunnel and then? Going to the NVR uplink port or in 1 POE port?
These NVRs are "made" on purpose with POE ports so each cam has its "dedicated" POE port so each cam can upload at own pace to the NVR.
I am betting that with 16+8 (when 2nd NVR freezes) your fiber uplink is getting saturated. Can you share the specification of these "UTP2FIBER" convertors? If this is a multimode, you could potentially bridge more cams in direct to the other location, and separately uplink them to the NVR, but that comes with a price.

Who did the study of this Fiber uplink? Did they take into consideration the bandwidth usage of these cams?

It sounds to me like an exercise not well thought through...

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
i will draw my setup with picture if possible,but one question: i got from your reply that the nvr need to get one câble in each port!!is it wrong !if i plug just one to get 16 caméras video trafic?i have done this but i have a doubt to be the issue for m'y case
Note:
My setup is différent : two Switch POE in old location and 2 Nvrs in New location
I need display cameras just in New location,and place 02 switch in old local

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
i will draw my setup with picture if possible,but one question: i got from your reply that the nvr need to get one câble in each port!!is it wrong !if i plug just one to get 16 caméras video trafic?i have done this but i have a doubt to be the issue for m'y case
Note:
My setup is différent : two Switch POE in old location and 2 Nvrs in New location
I need display cameras just in New location,and place 02 switch in old local
Regarding your first question: there is NOTHING wrong with plugging all your cams in a POE switch instead of the onboard NVR POE ports. However, if that POE switch has 1 100mbit uplink port to your NVR, then that will be the bottleneck, instead of 16 times "private" 100mbit POE connection from CAM to NVR. That's the main difference. And now you are tunneling 2 uplinks from 2 POE switches over 1 fibre connection.

Show us the specification of this FIBRE MEDIA CONVERTOR. If that's limited to 100mbit, then you know your bottleneck.

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
On new location i put the a Switch 24 poe as first and plug it with output of fiber media converter ,and go to nvr ,why i Can 't get caméras connection from any port of switch24 ports to NVRs ,but if i connect media port to nvr directly they work!!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
It does not make any sense to have a POE switch at the second location. Especially if it is not working :)

Now what bothers me: why is your 1000mbps led not working on your media convertor?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Its Can be a mistake when connecting two gigabit poe Switch ?
Switches can be mad about each other when malconfigured. I can't make from your products home page whether (or not) this is a managed switch, but do you have a console/webpage running on it?

Jaouad

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure, if is managed Switch or have webpage.i need a solution ,to get all caméras to be dispalayed in New location with thé seem speed as it was in old place.
Another thing that i see ,the first nvr pluged with fiber converter work fine .and the second ,connected through nvr1 ,all camera are slow (saturation of bandwidth)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure, if is managed Switch or have webpage.i need a solution ,to get all caméras to be dispalayed in New location with thé seem speed as it was in old place.
Another thing that i see ,the first nvr pluged with fiber converter work fine .and the second ,connected through nvr1 ,all camera are slow (saturation of bandwidth)
Show us how you connect NVR2 "through" NVR1?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try this architecture
be sure to use gb switch for all of your switchs

Attachments