External PIR -> Blue Iris

bconrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on the (excellent) advice I continue to receive from this site, I recently purchased a Bosch PIR sensor to use in place of the in-camera motion sensor in my Dahua cameras. Unfortunately my Dahua turret cameras lack 'alarm in' so I'm looking for creative options for how I could trigger BI on a motion event.

I also have Vera and could implement a multi-system solution but that puts reliance on more systems, networks, etc.

I'm hoping there's an add-on card for the BI PC or something similar that would allow me to connect directly to the PIR.

Suggestions/ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the (excellent) advice I continue to receive from this site, I recently purchased a Bosch PIR sensor to use in place of the in-camera motion sensor in my Dahua cameras. Unfortunately my Dahua turret cameras lack 'alarm in' so I'm looking for creative options for how I could trigger BI on a motion event.

I also have Vera and could implement a multi-system solution but that puts reliance on more systems, networks, etc.

I'm hoping there's an add-on card for the BI PC or something similar that would allow me to connect directly to the PIR.

Suggestions/ideas?
Blue iris works with sealevel DIO devices but in my testing it has been buggy causing BI to crash..There is a thread discussing easy vera implementation which I would recommend.