Ezviz app does not open video when Ezviz DB1 doorbell rings

kraven

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting a strange problem which seems to differ from the youtube videos which show the EZVIZ DB1 doorbell used with an iPhone.

I'm on the latest EZVIZ app from the Apple AppStore and i'm on the latest official Ezviz firmware for the doorbell, 20202202 I think.

When I ring the doorbell, the phone rings (see pic EZVIZ PHONE RING.png).

I answer, but an audio only call is opened without video (see pic EZVIZ PHONE ANSWER.png).

If I click VIDEO, nothing happens, if I click EZVIZ the app opens and then it's 50/50 if I get video or asked to login.

Is this correct functionality of the iPhone with the EZVIZ DB1 Doorbell ? Ideally, I would like for a notification to appear giving me the option to open Video and then deciding on whether to add audio.

I have the HIK-Connect app installed on my phone, but i've since removed this. I also have the DB1 feed the video for recording onto a DS-7608NI-I2.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm getting a strange problem which seems to differ from the youtube videos which show the EZVIZ DB1 doorbell used with an iPhone.

I'm on the latest EZVIZ app from the Apple AppStore and i'm on the latest official Ezviz firmware for the doorbell, 20202202 I think.

When I ring the doorbell, the phone rings (see pic EZVIZ PHONE RING.png).

I answer, but an audio only call is opened without video (see pic EZVIZ PHONE ANSWER.png).

If I click VIDEO, nothing happens, if I click EZVIZ the app opens and then it's 50/50 if I get video or asked to login.

Is this correct functionality of the iPhone with the EZVIZ DB1 Doorbell ? Ideally, I would like for a notification to appear giving me the option to open Video and then deciding on whether to add audio.

I have the HIK-Connect app installed on my phone, but i've since removed this. I also have the DB1 feed the video for recording onto a DS-7608NI-I2.

Any ideas ?
That one thing I noticed about the Ezviz app. It seems to open up with audio enabled now. I don't recall it doing thing before so I am wondering if that something that was changed recently in the last update.

I prefer using Hik-Connect myself and my wife like Guarding Vision app.

As for your issue, if I would hazard a guess. I would say your DB1 is not making a good solid connection to your wifi so I would look into this first to troubleshoot from there.