EZVIZ C6N in Blue Iris - PTZ and audio not working

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
EZVIZ being the consumer division of Hikvision, I thought I was getting something decent.
I have several cheap indoor EZVIZ cameras, and they play great with my Hikvision NVR... got 2 new C1C 1080P cameras on Amazon recently for $20 apiece.

Like @sebastiantombs, I'm also a big fan of the EZVIZ DB1C doorbell (until something better comes along).

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several cheap indoor EZVIZ cameras, and they play great with my Hikvision NVR... got 2 new C1C 1080P cameras on Amazon recently for $20 apiece.

Like @sebastiantombs, I'm also a big fan of the EZVIZ DB1C doorbell (until something better comes along).
And does PTZ work through the NVR?
Surely if it does there must be a way in Blue Iris.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And does PTZ work through the NVR?
I have a couple of the cheap EZVIZ PTZ's and primarily view/control them remotely from the EZVIZ app... they smart track pets pretty well... you can control the PTZ movement from the Hikvision NVR but they do not have presets so you can't control them using events from other cameras. In my case, the purpose of the NVR connection is really just to record.

Also, they have Ethernet ports, but they are not PoE... the Wi-Fi works pretty well but drops occasionally (I'm glad this is not the case for my doorbell).

Surely if it does there must be a way in Blue Iris.
I haven't started using Blue Iris yet (I intend to) so I can't speak to that.

I'm pretty sure the Amcrest camera the other guys suggested would work better for you with BI!

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to go for the Amcrest IP2M-841B as suggested by @looney2ns and get family to bring it over when they visit from the US, just means I have to wait a few months.
The funny thing is, the "premium" Amcrest solution is cheaper than the EZVIZ cams I got locally, oh well.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to go for the Amcrest IP2M-841B as suggested by @looney2ns and get family to bring it over when they visit from the US, just means I have to wait a few months.
The funny thing is, the "premium" Amcrest solution is cheaper than the EZVIZ cams I got locally, oh well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pcbilski

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the power supply that comes with these works on 220V or is it 110V only?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the power supply that comes with these works on 220V or is it 110V only?
You would need the appropriate adapter to convert the plug to your local style.
Or purchase a power supply locally that will output 5vdc 2amp and has the proper connector for the camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My last IP2M-841 is version 3 and came with a UL-listed, 100-240AC, 50/60Hz to 5.0 VDC 1.5 Amp USB charger/power supply.
The power supply has a female type A USB receptacle on it; the furnished 10 ft. cord has a male Micro B-USB connector on one end for the cam and a male type A USB connector on the other end that plugs into the power supply. The non-polarized 2 prong male plug fits a U.S. 15 Amp NEMA 5-15R receptacle.