EZVIZ Camera - No Web interface?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI - I have ezviz cameras and just finally found the advanced settings. download ezviz studio
Modify the config file with

file:/C:/Users/administrator/Downloads/EZVIZ-How%20To%20Adjust%20The%20Image%20Setting%20Of%20Your%20EZVIZ%20Device%20Using%20The%20EZVIZ%20Studio.pdf

Then you can adjust all the settings - contrast etc etc. They should have this enabled by default really
Do you know if we can push commands via curl or something alike to adjust the settings from outside the studio?
I just opened a new thread about it and later came across this. been using the studio for a while but looking for more control, i.e. from home assistant

Reaction score
Do you know if we can push commands via curl or something alike to adjust the settings from outside the studio?
I just opened a new thread about it and later came across this. been using the studio for a while but looking for more control, i.e. from home assistant
I am interested in this too. I want to use the advanced settings remotely which are currently only available through connection to the same LAN as the EZVIZ camera is on.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am interested in this too. I want to use the advanced settings remotely which are currently only available through connection to the same LAN as the EZVIZ camera is on.

Ezviz do have an api but they have stopped giving out keys at the moment. They said they plan to start again but no eta.

This will awesome if they do so we can change the camera settings with a flick of a switch through a curl command within HA or nodered.

At the moment we do have the studio with advanced options for each camera (windows desktop version)

Reaction score
Ezviz do have an api but they have stopped giving out keys at the moment. They said they plan to start again but no eta.

This will awesome if they do so we can change the camera settings with a flick of a switch through a curl command within HA or nodered.

At the moment we do have the studio with advanced options for each camera (windows desktop version)
The studio, which is only available for a Windows PC, only allows advanced options for cameras through the LAN connection not remotely.

Reaction score
Open up a VPN to remote onto your local plan or simpler use splashtop
Implementing a VPN just to access advanced settings is complicated and costs money for the VPN. Can do port forwarding on the LAN's router but that has negative security consequences. VPN access to the local network can also be a security risk. Implementing a VPN or port forwarding are impractical and difficult for the ordinary user, the advanced settings should be remotely accessible without any special setup to remotely access the camera's LAN. I do not understand why EZVIZ/HIKVISION does not enable remote access to all of a camera's settings including day/night, sensitivity, etc, when other settings are available but are too limited to be of use for situations such as nuisance switching between day/night mode at night or being able to set light level sensitivity for specific situations.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Implementing a VPN just to access advanced settings is complicated and costs money for the VPN. Can do port forwarding on the LAN's router but that has negative security consequences. VPN access to the local network can also be a security risk. Implementing a VPN or port forwarding are impractical and difficult for the ordinary user, the advanced settings should be remotely accessible without any special setup to remotely access the camera's LAN. I do not understand why EZVIZ/HIKVISION does not enable remote access to all of a camera's settings including day/night, sensitivity, etc, when other settings are available but are too limited to be of use for situations such as nuisance switching between day/night mode at night or being able to set light level sensitivity for specific situations.
Yes, I agree and complained to Ezviz, I think in time they will enable the API solution again but yes we should have more control on the app rather than having to rely on the studio.
Yep in regards to day-night settings I've had a nightmare with this with the weather conditions etc. Now I have mine fixed on day and have a few 3.5w led lamps around the garden so are in full colour. works well and adds only a few bucks each month. On Night mode when we have fog or rain I want to control the settings but alas cannot not.

OpenVPN on your router and download openvp on your phone - create the key and assign it on your phone. If your router like an asus has openvpn it takes less than 5 minutes. Piece of cake really.

or as a mentioned splashtop to access your local pc.

dsmoura

n3wb
Reaction score
For my Mini O Plus / C2C model it's rtsp:/admin:VERIFICATION_CODE@IP:554 for VLC (video playback),
and for Synology Surveillance software it's rtsp:/admin:VERIFICATION_CODE@IP:554/1
I don´t know if you could help me.
I can get my camera to stream to VLC using RTSP, but not on Synology SurveillanceStation...
I use the exact configurations but I can´t find what I´m doing wrong!
Or maybe it´s just that the software of the camera is incompatible with Synology software...don´t know.
Thanks